Marianne Wilkinson

Councillor, Kanata North

Speeding in Kanata North

speed limit sign
Speeding is an issue across the City and is also common in Kanata North.  I invested in three portable speed monitor boards which display speeds. These are rotated around Kanata North in the summer months. Spot speed surveys are also done by the Traffic Department. Please contact my office if you would like your street added:

Studies have shown that in many cases, those speeding, are actually residents from that street or nearby streets. Something you can do is place a Slow Down for Us sign on your lawns, and to have a larger impact, ask your neighbours to place one on their lawns as well.  The signs are available to pick up from my ward office. To reserve a sign(s) and arrange a pickup time, please email, with your contact information and the number of signs you require; or complete the form at the bottom of this page.

The Ottawa Police want to hear directly from residents about speeding issues. They utilize a software program to assign their enforcement resources. It is important that you contact them directly and ask for enforcement. Feel free to reference and provide a copy of the speeding report for your street if it is available below. Report speeding by calling 613-236-1222.

I am working on a number of temporary traffic calming measures for the highest priority locations.  Temporary traffic calming measures include mid road speed limit flex signs, street painting, and radar boards. Click here learn more about this initiative or to request a location for a TTC treatment.

Slow Down for Us








Reserve Slow Down for Us sign(s)