An update from the Director of Roads
Environment Canada: Freezing Rain Warning in Effect.
- A wintry mix of precipitation today. Light snow mixed with ice pellets or rain starts at approx. 11am, changing to freezing rain around 2 pm and changing to rain late afternoon as temperatures rise through the day. Snow or ice pellet accumulations 1 to 2cm, ice accretion 1mm. High plus 5C, low plus 4C but these temps won’t be achieved until late this evening. Winds SW 20 km/h becoming light overnight.
- Saturday February 24, 2018 mix of sun and cloud. High plus 4C, low minus 5C.
- Sunday February 25, 2018 periods of snow or rain. High plus 6C, low minus 4C.
Residents are advised to exercise patience and caution as roads and sidewalks and may become slippery, please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts. Staff are monitoring weather forecasts and will be patrolling roads throughout the event.
- Staff will deploy plowing and salting resources at the onset of this event on the priority roads, sidewalks and winter cycling networks.
- Residents can expect the afternoon commute to be wet, possibly slushy and slippery.
- We will deploy salting/sanding and plowing resources over the remainder of the transportation network as necessary as the weather or road conditions change.