An update from the Director of Roads:
Environment Canada: Special Weather Statement in Effect.
· Snow forecasted to start between 8 & 9am this morning. Snow heavy at times through to the late afternoon tapering to flurries around 5pm and lasting through to midnight accumulations 8cm. Another 1-2cm accumulation is expected through to midnight. High minus 9C, low 18minus, wind chill minus 27, winds E 20 km/h.
· Thursday February 8, 2018 mix of sun and cloud. High minus 7C, low minus 17C.WSW 15 km/h.
Residents are advised to exercise patience and caution as roads and sidewalks may become slippery. Staff are monitoring weather forecasts and will be patrolling roads throughout the event.
· We will deploy salting and plowing combo units on the priority roads, sidewalks and winter cycling networks as accumulations starts.
· This event will affect the Wednesday afternoon commute with snow covered roads and sidewalks.
· We will advise on a residential plow run as staff work on the best scenario. Resources will be working on echelon (tandem plowing) on priority beats
· We will deploy salting/sanding and plowing resources over the remainder of the transportation network as necessary as the weather or road conditions change