When: Monday, April 4, 7 – 9 pm
Where: Kanata Recreation Complex, 100 Charlie Rogers Place
The City of Ottawa is developing a new rate structure to fund its water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure. We need your help to ensure that the new structure will fund the cost of operating and maintaining Ottawa’s infrastructure in a way that is sustainable, fair and affordable.
The new rate structure will have an impact on all property owners in Ottawa and will play an important role in ensuring that the City can continue to provide high-level services to all residents.
The City wants to hear your thoughts on the proposed options for a new rate structure. Your feedback will help the City to finalise a proposal for City Council.
The City will be hosting 8 consultation sessions across Ottawa between March 21 and April 7, 2016:
- March 21, 2016 at 7:00pm at the Shenkman Arts Centre
- March 29, 2016 at 7:00pm at the West Carleton Community Complex
- March 30, 2016 at 7:00pm at City Hall
- March 31, 2016 at 7:00pm at the Navan Memorial Community Centre
- April 2, 2016 at 1:30pm at the Metcalfe Community Centre
- April 4, 2016 at 7:00pm at the Kanata Recreation Complex-(formerly Walter Baker Place)
- April 5, 2016 at 7:00pm at the Alfred Taylor Recreation Centre
- April 7, 2016 at 7:00pm at the Nepean Sportsplex
Each consultation session will feature a presentation from City staff followed by a discussion session in small groups.
Have your say on this important issue by registering for a consultation session.
You can learn more about the rate structure study described below or by downloading the background document. This contains information about:
- how Ottawa’s current rate structure works,
- why a new rate structure is needed, and
- what options the City is proposing for a new rate structure
More information is available at http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/water-and-environment/water-and-sewer-bills/water-wastewater-and-stormwater-rate-structure