On Sunday, December 21, several route improvements will take effect, and starting January 4, 2015, a new winter schedule will be implemented.
New winter schedules and service improvements
- Weekend service in Vanier will be improved on Routes 5, 7 and 12.
- Commuter service in Kanata North will be revised and extended to new residential areas affecting Routes 60, 68 and 181, and introducing new express Route 64.
- Route 1 will be expanded to operate later at night between the Rideau Centre and Billings Bridge.
- Route 38 will have two afternoon trips extended along Jeanne d’Arc to Trim Road, which will reduce walking distances for customers east of Tenth Line.
- Route 96A will have some trips travel via Iber Road and Abbott, instead of Fringewood and Granite Ridge, which will reduce walking distances for customers.
- Route 111 will be increased for various time periods on Saturdays.
LeBreton Station is moving
On December 21, Booth Street will be closed between Wellington and Albert Street for construction of the O‑Train Confederation Line. This closure will require LeBreton Station to move east to the intersection of Preston Street at the Transitway. Routes 8, 27, 40, 95, 96, and 105 from Gatineau will be rerouted via Booth, the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway and Preston to the Transitway.
Holiday and winter schedules are available at octranspo.com or by calling 613‑741-4390. Riders can also get automated schedule information up to six days in advance by calling 613-560-1000 or texting 560560 plus their four-digit bus stop number.
For more information, contact OC Transpo at 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.