The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day (Monday, February 17).
- Rink of Dreams, located on Marion Dewar Plaza at Ottawa City Hall, is open on Family Day for the Mayor’s Annual Family Day Skating Party, weather permitting.
- Most recreation facilities will be modifying their hours of operation on Monday, February 17. There may be changes to schedules and program cancellations in order to provide special programming for the Family Day holiday. Additional swimming and skating sessions will be offered at many sites. Please check schedules at ottawa.ca or with the facility of your choice.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed on Family Day, Monday, February 17. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 18.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed on Family Day, Monday, February 17. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 18.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons living with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY): 613-580-2401.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin , recycling or garbage collection on Family Day, Monday, February 17. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 18. In addition, the collection of green bin, garbage and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the week of February 17. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Family Day. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 18. Collection will also be delayed by one day for the week of February 17. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of February 17.
- The Trail Road landfill site is closed on Family Day, Monday, February 17.
- OC Transpo will operate a revised weekday schedule with minor reductions on Monday, February 17. Special school trip routes numbered in the 600s and Route 201 will not operate. The O-Train schedule will remain unchanged. A family may travel all day with a $7.95 DayPass, which can be purchased from the bus operator when you board. A family includes up to six people with a maximum of two aged 13 or older. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres will be open from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. on February 17, except the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Telephone Information Centre (613‑741‑4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The OC TranspoCustomer Relations Department (613-842-3600) will be open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
Ottawa Public Health:
- SITE program – SITE office at 179 Clarence Street is closed, however, the Site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Dental Clinics – Closed
- Well Baby Drop-in – Closed
- Pinhey’s Point Historic Site, Nepean Museum and Shenkman’s Arts Centre are open for Family Day events.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres,Cumberland Heritage Village Museum and Billings Estate National Historic Site will be closed on Family Day. However, clients should check with ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm holiday hours, as some exceptions may apply.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed on Saturday, February 15 and Monday, February 17 for the Family Day weekend.
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres are closed on Family Day, Monday, February 17.
Ottawa Public Library:
- All branches, departments and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed on Family Day, Monday, February 17. Regular hours will resume Tuesday, February 18.