The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for Remembrance Day (Monday, November 11). The flags at all City of Ottawa will be lowered to half-mast from sunrise to sunset to honour the memory of all Canadians who have served their country in time of war.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centres located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed on Monday, November 11. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, November 12.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed on Monday, November 11. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, November 12.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY): 613-580-2401.
Garbage and recycling:
- Curbside green bin, recycling, garbage, and leaf and yard waste collection will take place on its regular day with no changes to the collection schedule.
- Multi-residential garbage and recycling container collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day with no changes.
- The Trail Road Landfill site will be open on Monday, November 11.
- OC Transpo will operate a regular weekday schedule on Monday, November 11. War veterans who wear their medals or uniforms may ride OC Transpo, Para Transpo and Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) for free during National Veterans’ Week – November 5 to 11. On November 11, buses will pull over to the side of the road (where it is safe to do so) to observe two minutes of silence at 11 a.m. The Last Post and Reveille will be played over the radios of OC Transpo buses. OC Transpo operators may also wear red on November 11 in support of Canadian Forces troops. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- STO will also operate a regular schedule on November 11. Riders are invited to consult the User’s Guide, visit Plani-Bus on the STO web site at www.sto.ca or call 819-770-3242 for more details. The INFOBUS system also provides the exact time that the next two buses are scheduled to arrive at a particular stop by dialling 819-778 plus the bus stop number.
- OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres will be closed, with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 12:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations Department (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- Pools, arenas and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, aquafitness, skating and fitness classes with regular schedules on Remembrance Day, Monday, November 11. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas will be operating on Remembrance Day, Monday, November 11, however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
- Ottawa Public Health Information Line (OPHIL) and AIDS-Sexual Health Info Line – Closed
- Sexual Health Centre and Satellite Clinics are closed.
- SITE program – SITE office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed, however, the Site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m.to 11:30 p.m.
- Dental Clinics – Closed
- Well Baby Drop-in – Closed
- To report an urgent public health issue, contact 3-1-1. Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 (TTY1-866-797-0007) is also available to obtain health advice or general health information from a Registered Nurse.
- Most programming at arts centres, archives, galleries, theatres and museums will not be offered, however, clients should check ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres will be closed.
- All branches of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed on Remembrance Day, Monday, November 11. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, November 12.
The City of Ottawa informs residents of the following parades and ceremonies being held in the various communities in and around Ottawa commemorating Remembrance Day.
Local Parades and Ceremonies:
- Kanata – 10:30 a.m. to noon, Royal Canadian Legion (Kanata Branch 638), east on The Parkway between Earl of March High School (4 Parkway) and Teron Road, south on Teron Road between The Parkway and Colchester Square, Colchester Square, and to the Kanata Cenotaph for the ceremonial service.
- National War Memorial – 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Royal Canadian Legion, Dominion Command.
- West Carleton – 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, November 9, Royal Canadian Legion (West Carleton (Branch 616), Constance Bay Road between McConnell Lane and Allbirch Road, and Allbirch Road between Constance Bay Road, and to the Royal Canadian Legion for the ceremonial service.