Ottawa – OC Transpo is the best option for travelling to Canada Day festivities downtown and across the city, with free service all day on OC Transpo bus routes and Para Transpo. A special holiday schedule will operate on July 1, with additional service during the day and after the fireworks….
Thousands of free Park & Ride spaces
- Thousands of spaces will be available at eleven OC Transpo Park & Ride lots served by high-frequency Transitway routes 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 and 99.
- Many more spaces will be available courtesy of these shopping centres: Billings Bridge, Carlingwood, Placed’Orléans, South Keys and St.Laurent, as well as Algonquin College, Carleton University and Canada Post (Heron/Riverside).
Leave early and arrive in time
- Due to the large downtown crowds, plan to leave home by 7 p.m. to arrive in time for the fireworks.
- Bus detours will be in effect downtown and on Route 122 in Orléans due to road closures.
- Mackenzie King Bridge will be closed to pedestrians after 7 p.m., so passengers cannot be picked up or dropped off at that station in the evening.
- After the fireworks downtown, buses will be available on Slater, Albert, and Bank Streets.
- The last local buses will depart transit stations at around 11:30 p.m. or midnight.
Free Shuttle between Ottawa and Gatineau
- Buses operate from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. between the National Art Gallery and Jacques-Cartier Park
Information on July 1
- OC Transpo’s Sales and Information office in the Rideau Centre will be open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- An OC Transpo information booth will be located at Confederation Square, across from the Chateau Laurier, from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Note that bus Route 107 is replacing the O-Train, which is closed for service upgrades. The following routes will not operate on July 1: 101, 120, 123, 137, 150, 151, 161, 173, 178 and all peak period routes. Visit octranspo.com or octranspo.mobi for holiday schedules.
Further information is available by calling OC Transpo Information at 613-741-4390 (open July 1 between 7a.m. and 9 p.m.) and by visiting octranspo.com.